[C320-list] Balmar MC-614 question

Danny Jensen danny at jensenshouse.com
Tue Feb 26 06:24:09 PST 2019

The SME switch gets installed With a special Bridge connector along with the temperature sensor as shown in the 614 manual. When the switch is open is the temperature sensors perform as planned. By switching the switch to closed you effectively cause the temperature sensor Input to the 614 To be in a over Temp state By forcing these sensors to be over temp. In this overtemperature state, your 614 will I’ll output about 50%.  As you can see since the sensor Is forced into over a temp state By activating the switch, you don’t need the temperature values to be online. Also, it is likely that your alternator will Be kinder to your batteries and engine while in this Closed state with this switch closed.  If my battery is Low and I am powering home to a charger in flat water, it makes no sense to me why I need to cause my Alternator and water pump pulley to work extra hard with a alternator load. I would rather have the extra engine horsepower And let my alternator run cool. Cumulative Heat kills alternators. Plug a hairdryer into your system using an inverter and see how long your alternator will take to activate the heat sensor And start running at 50%. It does not take long. Your new alternator is mainly limited by heat. 50% Low output causes the heat problem to be minimized.

Sent from my iPhone