[C320-list] Balmar MC-614 question

danny jensen danny at jensenshouse.com
Tue Feb 26 07:11:58 PST 2019

Here is SME from the 614 manual.

  Additional Regulator Features Small Engine Mode In situations where
additional power is needed for propulsion, the MC-614 provides the option
to manually reduce regulator field output by approximately one half. This
option, called Small Engine Mode, can be accessed by shorting the positive
and negative Alternator #1 Temperature Sensor terminals. This can be done
by splicing into the positive and negative wires of the Alternator
Temperature Sensor cable (MC-TS-A) with a switched wire. With the switch in
the OFF position, the Alternator #1 Temperature Sensor will work normally.
With the switch in the ON position, the regulator will reduce field output
by approximately 50%. To enable the Small Engine Mode: 1. If the Alternator
Temperature Sensor cable is being used, replace the female terminal
connectors on the cable with Multi-Stack Connectors (Ancor Part # 230612).
2. Install a standard ON/OFF switch in a location that’s easily reached
from the helm. 3. Run wires from the switch back to the positive and
negative terminals of the Alternator #1 Temperature Sensor terminals ( #5
and #6). 4. Add appropriate connectors to the switched wires and connect to
the positive and negative terminal connections.