[C320-list] Fresh Water Pump Replacement.

Mark Cole boatnboot at me.com
Fri Jan 11 10:07:25 PST 2019

Jerry;

I have hull #8 and recently replaced the hot water tank and the water pump.  My water pump was behind the HWT and the only way to replace it was to remove the HWT.  Good thing it was the failed HWT that started the project in the first place!  After sliding the three drawers out and removing the cabinet face frame, access to the HWT tank is pretty good.  I found the exact replacement (Seaward S600) at Fisheries Supply for $285.  I replaced the fresh water pump with a Whale Universal, 3.2 gpm, also from Fisheries for $170.

I went with the Whale pump because it came with the press-fit PEX fittings already installed.  This project mushroomed into cleaning the water tanks and replacing all fresh water hoses and I chose to go with PEX tubing throughout.  The Whale company makes all the fittings for connecting the PEX tubing.  My boat has two water tanks; one in the bow and one under the port settee, so I chose to relocate the pump to the space just forward of the port tank.  Easy to install and easy to service.

Mark Cole
Fiddler’s Green #8
Puget Sound