[C320-list] Water in the Bilge & some from Solar Fans

Ade Bateman ade.bateman at outlook.com
Sat Jan 26 10:25:36 PST 2019

It took me about three years to find and seal all the places that water was getting in from rain. Here are the various places I had to fix (in rough order by how much water came in):

* Stanchions - I had to remove and reseal three stanchions
* Emergency tiller plate - this was a big one and took several attempts to fix - not only was there a leak from the gasket but also between deck and plate
* Cockpit shower assembly - there was a crack in the plastic that allowed (a lot of) rain water to drip inside
* Portlights - I removed and resealed two new-style Lewmar portlights (presumably updated by previous owner) and replaced one old-style Lewmar portlight
* Genoa track - I had a small leak from a couple of bolts for the genoa track
* Handrail - I had a small leak over the galley from one of the bolts holding the handrail on the cabin top
* Water tank vent - there was a small leak where the aft-water tank vent went through the hull - I replaced the vent and resealed
* Chain plates - there was a small leak from around one of the chain plates that I resealed
* Cowl vent - this was the last one I found - there was a tiny leak around both cowl vents on the transom - I could probably have left this but was happier once I sealed it

Now, knock on wood, the bilge is dry even after heavy rain.

Ade.