[C320-list] Couple of start Battery questions

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 27 06:49:21 PST 2019

Decided to install start battery.
If you have a separate start battery.....

What size do you have?  i have heard Grp27 and Grp25?  What CCA? etc...??  Optima has a Grp34 that has 800CCA and is only (LxWxH): 10 x 6 7⁄8 x 7 13⁄16 in and, according to them, is leak proof and take vibration for only $196??

Next question gets more complicated.   Here is what I was thinking:  I was going to combine my 2 batteries into single house bank.  Then install a Balmar DDC 12/24 Duo charge.

I was told.... that if I connect the start battery to switch 2 (Switch 1 would be house bank) that I could turn the switch to Pos 2, then start the engine, then quickly turn the switch through "Both" to Pos1.  This would not cause any issues.
Any thoughts on that?
I was hoping to use the existing Pos2 wire that (I think) will reach my start battery if I can fit it into the space behind the Anchor Windlass switch.
Thoughts?  Last thing I want to do is cause damage to expensive batteries or equipment.

Thanks,

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net H (919)-362-8538    C (919)-618-7185