[C320-list] Coolant mixing with raw water

Marianne and Kevin Waterbury water23 at optonline.net
Fri Jul 19 14:31:41 PDT 2019

With the help of this association I’ve found how my coolant was able to get into my muffler then out the exhaust.
When I had some friends over to look at the motor we could still find no leaks and it was determined it was probably the head gasket. This was more then I felt comfortable replacing, so I went looking for a mechanic. After a week one called me back. He came down and took the heat exchange tank home to test it, the initial result was no leaks.
After leaving the tank out in the sun for a few hours to heat it up he tested it again and found a small crack had opened and was allowing coolant to pool in one of the exhaust ports. I ordered a new tank and gaskets from parts4engines, a British company(I had them in less then 48 hours) and it was a quick fix. I want to thank Dave for his great pictures and instructions on removing the tank. All in all I feel pretty lucky it wasn’t worse, and it was good to find out I wasn’t alone in trying to figure this thing out.
Thanks
Kevin Waterbury
Harvest Moon hull #111