[C320-list] Perkins engine mounts

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 24 08:36:06 PDT 2019

It’s not a deal breaker, but the full cost of the repair should be figured into the final price for the boat.

A standard way is to agree upon a price, then deduct the cost of any  unanticipated repairs once the survey is done.

About seven years ago on another boat, it cost me about $1,200 to replace the mounts on a Yanmar 2GM 20. This included lifting the engine off the bed with the boom and disconnecting the shaft o that the new mounts could be installed properly.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320, no. 528
Tierra Verde, Fl.
Dolphin Cruising Club of Tampa Bay