[C320-list] Lightning Proetection

Chris Nichols cinichols at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 26 11:55:56 PDT 2019

I had a ‘middle of the storm’ experience in Nantucket sound 5 years ago. Bolts hit all round at 1 to 4 second intervals for 20 minutes. Felt like being in the middle of the Tesla coil show at boston science museum.  Sooo close but no direct hits.
Amanda rose is not grounded. Nothing special.

Only pointer was engine was on. Otherwise all electrics were off. Motored into wind to minimise damage. Whole event lasted 90 minutes.

Scary so drank rum, lots.

Chris