[C320-list] Lightning Proetection

John Meyers jcmeyers7 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 06:26:06 PDT 2019

I want to thank all of you for your experienced and theoretical input.

Back in the late sixties and early seventies I did a lot of racing on
Saginaw Bay when weather radar and forecasting wasn't as good as it today
(as if that would have made much difference in choosing to race or not) and
with several lightning storms that we sailed through I did not ever see or
know about anyone getting hit.

These days we usually don't go out sailing if the weather looks bad but we
have been chased back to the slip when storms popped up. Be we are
eventually going to be crossing Lake Michigan a time or two and won't do it
if the weather looks bad in the 12 hours or so that it takes to cross. Lake
Michigan can be a breeding ground for changes in weather for good and bad
weather and we don't want to be caught by lightening.

Thanks again to all and safe boating.

John Meyers
Muskegon, MI