[C320-list] Asymmetrical chute question

Denny Browne denny.browne at me.com
Sun Jul 28 15:52:44 PDT 2019

Outside the headstay, and depending on how you’ve run the lazy sheet, either inside or outside it’s own luff. I prefer the latter, but you need plenty of length on the sheets. Mine are 65’ and seem to work fine.

Some sailors like attaching an 18-24” pendant to the clew, with an eye splice on both ends, and attaching the sheets to the pendant. This is particularly helpful when joining the sheet between the headstay and the sail. Shackles don’t bite the headstay.

By the way, the “spinnaker halyard” exit block on our mastheads are really wing halyards, as the block doesn’t articulate. You need to douse the spinnaker with the wind fairly well aft to keep from chafing the halyard on the masthead.

Lots of fun!

Denny Browne
A Cappella #935
Redondo Beach