[C320-list] Forespar Marelon Seacock replacement

Daryl Hunt drhunt at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jun 7 10:59:10 PDT 2019

Hi All,

     I got myself in a bit of a bind with a leaky head inlet seacock on
my '99 hull #660.  The handle had come off when I hauled last fall due
to a stripped screw.  I removed the 4 screws to remove the valve body
for better access. (I _now_ know Forespar says not to do this!)  I
replaced the small screw that secures the handle with a slightly larger
screw, reassembled and thought all was good.  When I launched, I noticed
a leak through the handle body when the valve is in the open position!
When the lake warms up, I'll plug the hole from below and attempt a fix.
Assuming my best/only? path forward is to replace the whole thru-hull,
does anyone know where I can source this part?  It is a double seacock
that serves as both a head intake and shower sump drain.  I couldn't
find it on Catalina Direct website.  There are similar valves on the
Forespar website (https://www.forespar.com/OEM-Valves.shtml) but it's
not clear which one to choose.   Has anyone replaced this thru-hull?
Any suggestions?

Here are a couple photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xFVmMpcc2L3CTW2z9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AKg3oumRF32FMkVF8

--
Fair winds,
Daryl Hunt

1999 C320 s/v "Believe" Hull #660 - Rochester, NY / Lake Ontario

(585) 233-7814

---