[C320-list] Forespar Marelon Seacock replacement

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Fri Jun 7 12:09:04 PDT 2019

I had a similar problem with the head sink seacock a few years ago. Mine
was leaking through the handle when the seacock was open, and the screw
was stripped.

I replaced mine with the 3/4" model (part no. 932143) and so I suspect
that is the size you want since our hull numbers are very close.

I'm not sure they still make the particular one that you are replacing,
but you can probably make the 932243 version work by re-orienting one of
the hoses a bit.

BTW, I got good technical support from Randy Risvold at Forespar. The
email address was salestechsupport at forespar.com and the phone number was
(949)858-8820. I replaced just the seacock (and in fact not even the
entire seacock since the black base glued to the backing block was
reused). I used a "Seabung" to stop the inflow while replacing the
seacock with no need to get in the water to plug from the outside.

Another factoid that may or may not be helpful: Randy wrote to me (after
I had purchased the seacock) "Most likely all that needed to be replaced
was the o-ring under the valve handle and not the entire valve."
Possibly you could purchase just a replacement handle and o-ring from
Forespar.

Scott Thompson, "Surprise" (1999, #653)

--
Scott Thompson