[C320-list] Removing opening portlights

David Veeneman davidv at veeneman.com
Sun Jun 9 07:35:12 PDT 2019

I need to replace the opening portlights in my cabin—the old ones are pretty badly crazed. It’s pretty obvious how to take the lenses off their hinges, but it’s not so obvious how to remove the dogs from the bottom of the lenses. The dogs appear to have a flush, round plastic cap in their centers, and I’m guessing that if I remove that cap, Ill find a screw or nut that removes the dog from the lens, so I can transfer it to the replacement that I have purchased.

I don’t want to damage the cap, so I don’t want to attempt prying it loose with a screwdriver without checking first to see if that’s the best way to go about it. So, my questions are: Am I right about the cap covering the screw or nut that holds the dog in place? If so, how does one remove the cap? And, if I am on the wrong track, how do I remove the dog? Thanks for your help.

--
David Veeneman
Dana Point, CA