[C320-list] Transmission Clutch

jackbrennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 12 14:31:55 PDT 2019

Just to be sure: Check that your transmission is fully engaged when you move the shift lever.If your cable is stretched or slipping, the transmission might be only partly engaged.

The cable can be accessed in the aft cabin under the housing. There is a rectangular piece of steel to which the cable is bolted.

Once the transmission is in forward, there should not be any slack. The metal bar should be all the way back (I think; maybe it's forward!).

I've found these transmissions to be simple and bulletproof. They're usually not a problem.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.
Dolphin Cruising Club of Tampa Bay

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 4:32 PM, Karl Mielenhausen<kmielen at gmail.com> wrote:   A friend had that problem with the 3GM in his Hunter.
Shipped the tranny to the nearest Mack Boring location for a cone clutch
rebuild.

Karl