[C320-list] Water on floor by water pump

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 15:15:44 PDT 2019

Doug

+1 on the water pump is weeping at the shaft.   Get a cheap automotive
mirror and a flashlight and look for a leak at the shaft seal behind the
pulley.  I discovered this leak last year after repairing the fuel lift
pump gasket.   My leak was interestingly enough not detectable when the
engine was running.   My theory is that the spinning shaft heated up just
enough to 'reseal' the shaft...or maybe the little bit of water just gets
flung and evaporated by the heat of the engine.

  Since reading up on this issue I've been a lot more careful about how
tight I make that belt because overtightening the belt can lead to early
shaft seal failure.   You can rebuild that seal, but for your time...it
probably won’t be worth it.

Cheers

Troy