[C320-list] Reefing Setup

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 15:26:05 PDT 2019

On #514, we have the same two lines, 1 outhaul, and 1 reefing.   Our manual
has that same wrong drawing with the line and the hook.  It seems like a
lot of the drawings in our manual were never updated.    This appears to be
a common theme.

Jeff-

+1 on wanting to see your block setup for the cringles.  The single line
reefing system really doesn’t work as well as advertised due to all the
friction and I always have visions of the reefing line sawing through the
bolt rope at the luff of the main as I’m tightening down.  Invariably I’m
always standing at the boom and hanging over the Bimini to feed line and
cajole the sail back down to the boom.

Troy