[C320-list] Reefing Setup

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Fri Jun 14 04:56:45 PDT 2019

The reefing line is designed to run as diagrammed on page 12 of the PDF document located here:
https://c320.org/mediagallery/download.php?mid=20170327180451608

I redid mine a few years ago, using Jeff Hare's idea of adding ball-bearing blocks on the reef points. The car that runs inside the boom was missing so I made a new one using a couple of ball-bearing blocks shackled together.

This new setup is smooth as silk and requires almost no effort to reef down.

Here's the article I wrote up a few years ago describing what I did.

https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/C320-List&showsearch=true&showtabs=true&showpopout=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fc320.org%2Fpage.php%2F_IA_C320_Forum#!searchin/C320-List/treff$20reefing/c320-list/uf-zKAf4LZ0/IbobjenQvHUJ

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us