[C320-list] Another water in bilge question

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 16:25:51 PDT 2019

 I had to previously unscrew, completely remove and reseal the "pan" for the propane tank, since the seal around the perimeter of the seal was all dried out/bad and water was leaking badly into my port, aft locker area (and dripping onto my refrigerator compressor). The water ultimately wound up in my bilge.
That and the access port for my emergency tiler were major leaks when I bought my boat.  I replaced the cockpit access port with a new one. Regrettably, the seals on these ports are not great for water tightness and I still periodically get some seepage, but it is vastly improved compared to the original. I keep the rubber o-ring on the access port lid clean and greased to help.
Dave Hupe
1994 Cat320 (#32) "Mayan Sun"
Holland, MI