[C320-list] Furling Woes

hoopdtwo hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 24 08:51:12 PDT 2019

Maybe you don't  have enough turns of furler line on the furler drum to start with? The drum would stop turning when you try to furl the sail if you have pulled all the line out of the drum.Dave Hupe94 Cat320 (#32)Holland, MISent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Joe Geiger <joe.geiger at gmail.com> Date: 6/24/19  10:39 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: C320-List at Catalina320.com Subject: [C320-list] Furling Woes This is our first season with our 2000 C320 and also the first boat I’ve owned with a roller furling headsail. My boat has the Schaeffer 2100 and I find it very difficult to furl it without having any of the sail showing. I’ve tried furling upwind, downwind, on a beam reach but I have only once been able to furl it where The sacrificial fabric covers the entire length of the furled sail. Ironically I did this by myself on the mooring. My wife has kept tension on the jibsheet when we furl and we got pretty close but there was still a bit of white showing.Any recommendations on the best way to furl and not show any white from the sail?Joe--Joe GeigerVega #722Greenwich Cove, RI