[C320-list] Engine Removal

Clay Carter fclaycarter at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 28 08:02:10 PDT 2019

Great photos Mark.  My engine mounts might need replacement and I was wondering how this was going to work.  Thank you.
Clay CarterWe'll Sea#225Long Beach, CA

    On ‎Thursday‎, ‎June‎ ‎27‎, ‎2019‎ ‎06‎:‎08‎:‎24‎ ‎AM‎ ‎PDT, Michael Ferguson <coralman at bellsouth.net> wrote:

 That's exactly how mine was removed alsoMichael

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 3:10 PM, Mark Cole<boatnboot at me.com> wrote:  Bill;

I had to replace my oil pan recently. I removed the bulkhead and slid the engine onto the galley floor. It was much easier than I was prepared for and there is lots of room around the engine with that bulkhead removed. Here is a link to an album on the C320 site I put together with photos of the process.

https://c320.org/mediagallery/album.php?aid=346&page=1

One thing a mechanic friend suggested was to remove the bolts that hold the engine mounts to the stringer so you don’t have to lift the engine off the mount, just slide it forward. Make sure and mark each mount so they go back in the same spot.  Worked great for me.

Mark
Fiddler’s Green, #8
Puget Sound