[C320-list] Halyards: clean or replace

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Fri Jun 28 10:07:20 PDT 2019

Scott

A very popular product for cleaning lines on this side of the pond is called “Patio Magic”. As the name suggests it is supposed to be for cleaning green algae etc from paving stones. You don’t scrub, it does it’s work over time once dry

Sailors here have been using it for years with no ill effects on the strength

The active ingredient is Benzalkonium chloride. Maybe you have something similar in the USA

It won’t clean the grey dirt off but it gets rid of the green and keeps them that way all season

Graeme

Sent from my iPhone