[C320-list] Halyards: clean or replace

Joe Luciano jnluciano at comcast.net
Fri Jun 28 12:08:53 PDT 2019

I soak mine in a large bucket with warm water and oxy-clean for about 4 hours.  It’s chlorine free.  I hit the tougher areas with nylon bristle brush after that, and rinse with fresh water.  Does wonders for removing the green grunge.  I also agree that if they are more than 15 years old, you’ve likely gotten your money’s worth and relpacement is a good way to go.  It’s amazing how much nicer a new line feels in your hand and how much easier it moves across sheaves and blocks…..

Joe Luciano
Second Wind
2005 C-320
Anacortes, WA