[C320-list] Yanmar 3GM30F motor mounts

tharrison at innovations-plus.com tharrison at innovations-plus.com
Mon Mar 25 06:45:42 PDT 2019

First thanks for prior information on the topic. I went to the boat
yesterday  (sitting on the hard) and replaced the two front motor mounts.
They are not cheap.

I am planning on replacing the aft mounts as soon as they arrive. It is not
a difficult job to replace the mounts. I placed two 2 x 3's under the engine
for additional support as I change one mount at a time.

If you have all the tools it only takes about 30 minutes to replace the
mounts.  I used a gauge to measure the distance between the nut on the mount
and the bottom nut on the mount.

I did discover a couple of interesting items and concerns. Perhaps someone
could help / advise if this is a concern.

1.       There are two screws (about 2.5 inches) that hold / fasten the
mount to the boat stringers. They look like a lag bolts. The front one, on
the port side was actually bent.

What material are these bolt going into? Wood? Metal plate?

What could be the cause of this one bolt to be bent? Of the four bolts I
removed only the front port bolt was bent? Not a sever bend. But the bolt is
not straight. To replace this bolt - what is it really - a 9/16th stainless
steel lag bolt?

2.       The 2 bolts that attached the mount to the engine on the port side
were rusted. They had an 7 marked in the head. I look through the Yanmar
manual and I do not see how water could be getting to these bolts. Any
thoughts?

When replacing the bolts that attach the mount to the engine. Should I use
blue lock tight on the bolts?

Thanks for your help.

Ted  Harrison,

Magic Moment