[C320-list] Refrig

Mark Cole boatnboot at me.com
Tue Mar 26 19:50:25 PDT 2019

Spring of 2018, I installed an Isotherm Classic Compact refrigeration unit with a flat evaporator plate that I bent to fit the ice box.  I also installed Isotherm’s Smart Energy Control box to help lower energy consumption.  Isotherm’s website has a great description  <https://www.indelwebastomarine.com/us/products/cooling-technology/isotherm-smart-energy-control/>of how it lowers consumption.   The installation went very quickly and I had no problems removing the old system and installing the new.  The 320 has a 2” PVC pipe chase running from the port side of the aft locker where I installed the compressor unit to the area just behind the ice box and this made it very easy to slide the compressor tubes through.  The tubes supplied with the unit where just long enough to reach, but extension tubes are available if needed.

After changing a couple settings on the Smart Energy Control box, the temperature in the ice box stayed a constant 42 degrees all summer.  I can barely hear the compressor kick on while laying in the aft cabin.

Mark Cole
Fiddler’s Green #8
Puget Sound