[C320-list] Perkins Engine - Anti Siphon Valve

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Wed May 29 05:13:09 PDT 2019

 I own hull #32 with the Perkins Perama M30 (running strong).  The anti-siphon (mounted in the engine compartment on the wall near the alternator and coolant recovery tank) leaked significantly during the sea trial, but the issue was quickly/easily resolved by replacing the duckbill valve.  I've watched it closely since then. There does not seem to have been any effect on the alternator.  My boat has always been in freshwater compared to Dave Veeneman's #131.
I do recollect previously reading something about a system to route the anti-siphon discharge elsewhere, but can't currently help direct you more right now.
Dave Hupe
1994 Cate 320 (#32) "Mayan Sun"
Holland, MI