[C320-list] Transmission Clutch

Tim chillinonahd at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 10:50:05 PDT 2019

Hi All -
Hull #603 appears to be in need a new transmission clutch. Less than 900 hours but the research I have done indicates this is a known problem. The symptoms are significant vibration only in FWD and sometimes goes away with a bit of throttle. At first I was suspecting the folding prop but spoke to the manufacturer and since it has a gear he did not think this was the cause. Then this year, it seems worse and also feels like it slipping even when moving and smooth. So my question to the group is; does anyone know/recommend a repair facility in the Long Island area for this type of work. My boatyard is good at basics, but don't trust them with this type of work.
Can I remove the transmission and ship it somewhere if needed, how involved might that be?
Thx