[C320-list] Sealing the bilge

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 10 16:09:59 PST 2019

Peter-
When we bought our 1994 C320, we had a lot of water coming into aft compartments and saturating the grid liner (water was visible around the hoses entering the bilge from the rear) and bilge.  The 2 biggest leak culprits that we were able to fix pretty easily were the round emergency tiller port in the cockpit  and the pan for the propane tank.
The circular emergency tiller port is easy to find/replace.... straightforward. See if you have a puddle of water sitting on top of the steering quadrant.
The pan that holds the propane tank is held into the hull notch with 4 screws.  Remove the tank but you don't need to unhook the propane hosing.  However, you will need to disconnect the lower water drain hose temporarily by going down into the aft port access hatch.  Then the pan can be pulled up high enough to rebed it.
Dave Hupe1994 C320 #32Holland, MI

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 5:40 PM, nibj<nibj at mac.com> wrote:   The hoses into our rear bilge compartment (where the bilge pump sits) are not sealed and I think water is getting from the bilge into the liner that way.  There are three hoses, one is from the refrigerator, one from the manual bilge pump and one for the electric bilge pump.  What do you use to seal the hoses?  Is there hardware to create a more permanent seal (somehow I feel the vibration of the boat will destroy a bead of silicon or whatever you recommend).

We have a lot of water entering the liner somehow, but getting the hoses sealed seems to be the first step in trying to find the source.

Thanks for the help

Peter

Tangled #226