[C320-list] On the Dutchman Subject

Jeffrey Kapec jkapec at tkdg.com
Wed Oct 2 13:25:19 PDT 2019

Jack

I replaced the monofilament Dutchlines with FSE Robline cordage
www.fse-robline.com.  The product is Orion 600 minispool  2.5mm  or
Minispools FSE Ocean also works very well to replace the monofilament
https://www.roblineropes.com/en/products/mini-spools/product/detail/minispoo
ls-ocean-3000-xg/

Over time the monofilament becomes unmanageable, has a mind of its own, gets
stiff and tangled.  The braided line remains compliant but does not stretch
at all.  I tighten the lines in the same manner as you, its essential to
have them taught when dropping the sail..  I also make sure the position of
the lines are at the very point that the they meet the topping lift are
coincident with the grommets in the mainsail.

Petite Suite 718

Jeffrey Kapec