[C320-list] Winterization

wdoc1 at aol.com wdoc1 at aol.com
Wed Oct 16 02:49:20 PDT 2019

Excellent- thank you!Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Troy Dunn <troutwarrior at gmail.com>
To: C320-List <C320-List at catalina320.com>
Sent: Tue, Oct 15, 2019 7:59 pm
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Winterization

Bill-

There is a great set of checklists in an excel file located on the
association website here:

https://c320.org/filemgmt/viewcat.php?cid=16

There is also a fantastic write up by Karl Mielenhausen on winterizing the
C320 here:

https://c320.org/article.php/mainsheet2007Q3

Like Doug I keep an updated version of that checklist on my PC, each year I
print a new paper copy and start checking things off as I winterize, etc.
I don't stop checking boxes and making notes until the boat is in the water
and first shake down sail is behind me.  Then I transfer any info or
updates to the PC, make notes in my maintenance log, throw out the paper
copy...and repeat.    Do NOT remove the compass per the checklist, scratch
that off the list, this is not necessary in Baltimore IMHO.  Also, you do
not need to remove the batteries from your boat,  if you ensure the
batteries are fully charged and then completely disconnected at the battery
terminals they should be fine (assumes the batteries are actually in decent
health)

If you need a confidence boost on basic stuff (like oil change, fuel
filters, etc.) subscribe to spelunkerd
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4P0OCJw8_xaatVRjLpa4Hg>'s videos on
Diesel Engine Maintenance  https://youtu.be/qF7yw6szLp0   I think his
stuff is pretty well put together and easy to understand.  If you are
already a diesel engine mechanic skip this step.

Good luck, congrats on the new to you boat.  We are in HdG.  We will
probably head for Worton Creek or Rock Hall this weekend if the wind
cooperates.  If your boat is still in the water and you hear us on the
VHF, give us a shout!

Troy Dunn
S/V Wonky Dog
Hull #514