[C320-list] Winterization

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Wed Oct 16 15:24:48 PDT 2019

It's a bronze drain fitting, where everyone has been saying. You don't typically have to unscrew it all the way, but I do and when I put it back in, I re-coat it with TefGel to make it possible to open it again.  If you've never opened it, it is likely corroded shut and would need a couple wrenches after spraying with some corrosion cutter spray to carefully free it.

If you rev your engine for 10 or 15 seconds after the last of the antifreeze comes out of the exhaust, I've typically found that there's just about nothing left in the muffler.  The antifreeze lubes the impeller enough that it'll be fine for a little while.

No reason to remove the compass.  That's just a lot of hassle unless you're going to work on the steering system anyway.
-Jeff Hare