[C320-list] Winterization

Michael Leschisin mleschisin at imagestudios.com
Wed Oct 16 17:51:10 PDT 2019

I picked up a refractometer this fall on Amazon for under $25-
https://www.amazon.com/Refractometer-concentration-Hamh-Optics-Tools/dp/B073Q2LSG9/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=Refractometer&qid=1571272868&sr=8-8

You catch the last few ounces coming out on the exhaust as you shut down the engine from its antifreeze run and drop it on the lens.  I love having the peace of mind knowing my engine is protected to 70 below here in Wisconsin!

The chemistry is different for the minus 50 antifreeze you’ll use in your water system but you can get a pretty solid estimate of protection comparing “percentage readings” on the meter’s scale for fluid fresh out of the bottle and what’s coming out of each tap on your boat.

Michael Leschisin