[C320-list] Fresh Water Engine Flush

Bob Hoyt rehoyt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 08:00:33 PDT 2019

A diesel mechanic recommended that I flush the raw water side of the engine
with fresh water when not using the boat for more than 2 weeks. This would
require installing a barbed tee piece between the strainer and the water
pump. Has anyone done this as I didn't find it in the forum archives? Also,
I live in Florida so I don't need to do this as part of winterizing. Thanks

Bob Hoyt
"Ikigai"
!994 Hull #58
Pensacola, FL

--

*Robert (Bob) Hoyt MD, FACP, ABPM-CI*

*Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Internal Medicine*

*Virginia Commonwealth University*

*Richmond, VA*

*CAPT (Ret) USN*

*Adjunct Associate Professor, College of Allied Health Professions*

*University of Nebraska Medical Center*

*Omaha, NE*

*Diplomate, Clinical Informatics*

InformaticsEducation.org  <http://InformaticsEducation.org>