[C320-list] Fresh Water Engine Flush

John Meyers jcmeyers7 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 12:30:52 PDT 2019

Gus,

I go to West Marine when they have the best/coldest MARINE antifreeze on
sale.  This might be the -60, or even the -100 which may be overkill here
less than 5 miles east of the Lake Michigan "warm" water furnace a.k.a.
lake effect we experience as the temps on land never get below minus 20 F
and rarely get below zero further inland . This is the non-toxic stuff that
can be flushed back into the lake as soon as we start the engine after
splash. You might have the same lake affect on Georgian Bay. Never a
problem.

I use the Yanmar coolant for the engine and that gets disposed of properly
at the marina.  I use the -50 grade for water systems minus the hot water
heater that I suck dry every fall.

John