[C320-list] Incorrect Perkins Engine Parts

Bob Hoyt rehoyt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 08:29:26 PDT 2019

I posted recently that a busted exhaust elbow rapidly damaged my Perkins
M30 engine so it was hauled. Oddly enough, the engine serial number seems
to be lacking two digits and we think it was built in Turkey. When the
mechanic ordered new rings and valves based on the existing serial number,
the parts were not correct. Perkins nationally, as well as Transatlantic
Diesel have been contacted with no help. The original engine insult
happened May 23rd so this has been a long frustrating evolution.

Does anyone else have a thought? I'm starting to wonder if I need to bite
the bullet and buy a rebuilt Perkins or Yanmar but I'm not done researching.

Bob Hoyt
Ikigai
1994 320 Hull #58
Pensacola, FL