[C320-list] Hot area near the cool box

nibj nibj at mac.com
Sun Sep 8 16:16:02 PDT 2019

During the survey of our new (to us) 1995 c320 the surveyor commented with concern on a noticeably hot area on the port side of the companionway roughly below the refrigerator (cool box?). I think it has an Adler-Barbour unit. The cool box seems to work but we were cautioned not to use it until the heat problem is diagnosed and sorted out.  So my questions are

1) Am I correct in assuming the heat is coming from the compressor for the refrigerator?
2) How does the heat vent from that area?
3) How do I gain access to the area?

Thanks in advance for your advice particularly 3).

Although we are still sorting some issues we have already had some very nice day sails and love the boat.

Peter