[C320-list] Repacking the Packing Gland

Dan Kolean dkolean60 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 15:27:19 PDT 2019

I worked on my stuffing box (packing gland) in the water.  I took a bicycle inner tube and cut it open so it was a flat piece of rubber about 12” long.  I pulled the nut back and wrapped the shaft and “housing” and zip tied each end.  It was almost water proof,  no need to hurry on the repack.  I used something synthetic, not rope to pack the nut.
Once it wore in a little and I got it adjusted it works great.

Dan Kolean.   #489. ENRICH

Sent from my iPad