[C320-list] Head'sl Question

Amirault Family amiraults at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 18 13:48:24 PDT 2019

Joe:I went with Doyle for a 135%. Opted for best Dacron, tri-radial cut, and a high angled foot rather than one that parallels the deck. Material for longevity, the cut so that the shape of the sail is sewn in, and the high foot for safer sightlines especially when single handing. Eight years of JAM racing and this sail still looks great. The higher foot yields a speed penalty that I deemed a fair trade-off. A quirk of the 135% as cut by Doyle is that if sheeted in for the best performance the sail contacts the upper spreader, so we never quite bring it fully in. I  suspect that going with a 130% or 140% would have solved this problem. Brian Amirault 2001 797Waltzing Bear tooSent from Brian's Samsung tablet