[C320-list] Opening Portlights

John Jacobs johjacob1 at mac.com
Wed Sep 25 16:00:46 PDT 2019

I spent the day removing my four Lewmar, Opening Portlights (Old Standard) on my 1999 and resealing them with Butyl Tape.  It was an easy enough job but I did run into one issue and that was being able to seat them (align) them correctly in the opening.  The first three were no problem and I just eyeballed the alignment and they seated perfectly .  The last one I ended up removing twice, cleaning the frame and cutout again and reseating with fresh butyl.   I somehow feel I should have been more calculating in my approach.  Any advice on how this should have been done?  I feel it was dumb luck that it all came out so well.

John Jacobs
S/V Surprise #644
Urbanna, Va.

Sent from my iPhone