[C320-list] Leak in impeller

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 06:03:10 PDT 2020

 Dan-
I too had such a leak and had my Jabsco seawater pump rebuilt by Depco Pumps in Florida http://depcopump.com/contactus.php  The problem may just be a seal, but on an older pump the internal shaft also may be scored and need to be replaced (like mine did). So, in 2017 my pump repair cost $277, including a new shaft .

In 2017 Trans Atlantic Diesels, Inc.(in Virginia) http://www.tadiesels.com/index.htm  quoted me a new salt water pump for $ 472, or a minor rebuild kit including impeller and seal for $ 47.68.

Assuming you have a Perkins Perama M30 engine, this new pump ($243) from parts4 engines in the United Kingdom should be the correct item https://www.parts4engines.com/perkins-perama-m30-raw-water-pump/  So, this is better than my rebuild price was. Shipping costs from them are very reasonable and quick. I've purchased from them several times with tremendous success.
Replacing this pump is very easy compared to other projects  ..... 4 bolts and 2 hoses right at the front of the engine (again, assuming you have the Perama M30).
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 (#32) "Mayan Sun"
Holland, MI