[C320-list] Sailing in the time of coronavirus

Kevin Rooney krooney at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:54:20 PDT 2020

My marina is Shipwright Harbor Marina in Deale, Maryland (about20 miles
south of Annapolis). The boat spent the winter in the water so I'm grateful
that I don't need to get splashed.

As Scott pointed out that we are not allowed to go sailing while the
stay-at-home order is in effect but liveaboards may continue to stay on
their boats. The order does not address staying on your boat if it is not
your full-time residence but I'm interpreting it to mean that is OK. I
spend 2-3 nights a week on the boat right now.

I do take this stuff very seriously but all I do is get in my car in D.C.,
drive the hour to the Chesapeake, park in the lot, and walk to the boat. I
bring all my provisions so I don't need to make any stops.

Social distancing afloat helps me keep my sanity during this difficult time.

Be safe, everyone.

Kevin
S/V Cecilia Ann, #211
Deale, MD