[C320-list] Sailing in the time of coronavirus

Mark Hagerty mark at thehagertys.org
Thu Apr 9 06:59:53 PDT 2020

Here is the latest from MD DNR. You can launch your boat and move it to your slip:

The FAQ page has been updated with a few additional points about boating (at the very bottom): https://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2020/03/31/frequently-asked-questions-about-governor-hogans-stay-at-home-order/ <https://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2020/03/31/frequently-asked-questions-about-governor-hogans-stay-at-home-order/>
Here is some more guidance received from "up the chain":

Regarding delivery of boats: Marinas and marine transport businesses can deliver boats to the boat owner's homes or boat slip.

(Moving a boat from a marina or boatyard to your home dock or boat slip is allowed. Just not general recreational boating. We realize that this time of year a lot of people are de-winterizing their boats.)

Regarding people traveling through/in Maryland waters: There are no orders at this time limiting travel through Maryland by boat. However, if travelers were in close contact with others out of state, we are urging them to avoid close contact with others in Maryland and self-monitor for symptoms. If any symptoms develop, they should self-quarantine and contact a health care provider. We are also urging travelers to follow CDC guidance on domestic travel which can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html <https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html>
There is no safer place, than staying at home! If having to get out on the water, please make sure to wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD), the water temperature in the Chesapeake Bay is currently only 51.8 degrees fahrenheit.