[C320-list] Fuel Tank Replacement

Pat Tormey ptormey at 4square.net
Fri Apr 24 11:24:30 PDT 2020

> I can’t imagine what an experienced seaman would be doing refuelling in 4foot seas

I’m not sure I’d deliberately refuel in 4” seas but IF I had to I’d definitely need the shaker siphon.

When I sail Newport to Solomon MD I have 4 5 gal jerry cans on deck and full tank. I always use the one over the fuel filer first and rotate the next one into place.  I top off everything each refueling.

It gives me the freedom to decide when to refuel without having to plan stops just for fuel. There is a long run between Sandy Hook NJ and Cape May with no place to refuel except Atlantic City. (Anybody know anything on the Jersey coast?)

Of course, I don’t motor the whole way so many times it’s just a precaution, but when I’ve promised the crew a great meal in a favorite town I don’t wanna stop short.

Pat

Pat Tormey
s/v Blue Skies