[C320-list] Fuel Tank Replacement

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Sun Apr 26 14:12:35 PDT 2020

Here's a video on these siphons.  It's really this easy and literally no reason to be sucking on a hose or bothering with a large funnel.

You don’t have to have it sitting on the stern rail seat to get it started because the fuel level in a full 5gal can is above the filler hole.  If you want to drain the whole can, you can lift it up a bit once the can is nearly empty and doesn't weigh anything.  May need to tilt it to get the last bit out.

https://youtu.be/iqQmuv1y6BM

Video shows the valve on the end of the hose.  It really needs to be inline about 8" from the end, so moved the valve to an inline position.  Now I have a short length of hose after the shutoff that goes down into the fuel filler so it won't splash.  The shutoff can be useful to prevent overfill.

Given all the nonsense regulations they put on fuel can spouts these days, this is a good option, especially for those who haven't modified them to bypass those ridiculous safety spouts.

-Jeff