[C320-list] Cape Fear River

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 05:29:26 PDT 2020

Diane,
We are a bit north of the Cape fear River. You certainly can sail there,
but it is a bit narrow for what I would call good sailing and not a lot of
interesting gunkholes to visit.  Southport Marina, one of the newest and
biggest, was seriously trashed in this hurricane. That said, if you are
considering a move to the area, you will have plenty of opportunities to
sail.

If you are looking for a place to visit,  I suggest that you head up a bit
further north to the Pamlico Sound and its estuarine system of rivers, it
is the second largest protected sailing area in the US with many places to
visit and many good anchorages and marinas.

Best regards,
Chris Burti
Commitment #867
Farmville, NC