[C320-list] Transmission lubricant

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 7 11:14:00 PDT 2020

Update - I checked my Perkins Perama operating instructions again.  It says use ATF Type A fluid in the Hurth transmission, but that is an old designation that really isn't available any longer. As I said below, when I first bought our boat and was faced with this issue, I read that synthetic is very good since Type A was a "slippery" lubricant and synthetic is far superior. I have run it this way for 3.5 years.
Dave Hupe1994 C320 #32Holland, MI

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 7:21 PM, Dave Hupe<hoopdtwo at yahoo.com> wrote:   I don't have it handy, but remember my Perkins manual saying use ATF.  I will check this again and inform if I find different.
Since we bought our boat in 2017, I have used full synthetic ATF without issue.  I have changed it along with the engine oil annually (as others have indicated since I have the pump there anyway).
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 #32