[C320-list] Rocna 15 gets caught on bow roller when retrieving

David Hayes davidhayes1 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 11 03:15:34 PDT 2020

We recently upgraded from the Rocna 10 to the 15 and it fits very nicely and holds very well.  The only issue we are having is that when retrieving the anchor it tends to, sometimes, get caught on the bow roller on the way up such that we need to lower it again a few feet and re-raise in the hope that the anchor swings around and faces the right way so that it doesn’t get caught.  It’s getting caught just as the end of the anchor shaft meets the roller; if the blade of the anchor is facing forward the shaft gets caught at the roller, but if the blade is facing aft/down it comes up over the roller just fine.  I’m wondering whether I need a different/larger fitting between the chain and the shaft, would this help? I have an 8mm chain, and an 8mm swivel fitting that connects to the shaft.
The Rocna 10 always came up onto the roller smoothly, regardless of the way the anchor was facing, so it seems to be just the extra weight and thicker shaft of the 15kg version that is causing the problems....any tips appreciated.
...2006 model 320.