[C320-list] High water sensor/alarm I just installed for under $100

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 9 13:16:09 PDT 2020

For those interested... I installed a Honeywell water sensor (there are others) and wired it into the batteries using a step down transformer.
The sensor is about $60 :
Honeywell Home RCHW3610WF1001/N Wi-Fi Water Leak Detector, White

And the transformer is about $14:
DROK 090581 DC-DC Buck Converter 12V/24V to 5V 5A/25W Step-down Voltage Transformer Volt Regulator Power Supply Inverter Module

You just need some wire and an inline fuse.  I wired mine directly to the same place my bilge pump is using- Directly to Batt so it is always on.  I installed it on a Fiberglass "panel" (about 4X6 inch) in the bigle but I think I will move the panel to the Port Setee and just run the "rope" sensor to the bilge so the Equip is not in the bilge.  Wasn't thinking.  Duh....  You can daisy-chain the rope sensors if you need longer.
The reason I went with this is no monthly fee.  It "registers" to my existing wifi.  There is a free Honeywell app (mine is Android but I think Iphone is OK?).  The app will notify you of several things (High humidity and Temp, loss of signal, Water alarm- of course).  It will also notify you when alarm is "corrected".  NOTE: So far my experience is that it take a long time for the "line" sensor to dry out enough to clear the alarm.  I am using the "rope" type sensor that came with it.
Just an FYI.  I will let you know if I have any issues.

Thanks,

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net C (919)- 819-9794