[C320-list] Fridge Lid Soft Close Solution Needed

kendgb kendgb at aol.com
Mon Aug 17 18:19:13 PDT 2020

We had a couple of close calls with that lid.I screwed an eye onto the under side of the door and another onto the upper wood trim of the bread box.  Then I tied a short cord with a spring hook on the end that can be hooked to the bread box eye to safely hold the lid until it is ready to be closed.Ken Geiger Northern Dream #765Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Gary Guilbeaux <gguilbeaux at gmail.com> Date: 2020-08-17  20:26  (GMT-05:00) To: C320-List at catalina320.com Subject: [C320-list] Fridge Lid Soft Close Solution Needed A friend almost lost the tip of her finger when the fridge lid slammed downon it.  Does anyone have a good solution for adding a soft close hinge orgas spring?  My ice box is on the left side of the fridge and is a little 5inches below the cabinet lid top.  I'm thinking a gas strut could be a goodsolution, but want to make sure I explore all options and understand thebest placement location to ensure I still get a good seal on the gasketwhen closed.Thanks in advance for your help.Gary GuilbeauxLil' Bit of ParadiseHull #634gguilbeaux at gmail.com