[C320-list] Fridge Lid Soft Close Solution Needed

kendgb kendgb at aol.com
Mon Aug 17 18:25:38 PDT 2020

I do not like lid support springs as they can be accidentally tripped leading sudden dropping of the lid.Ken Geiger Northern Dream #765Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Rick Smith <ricksmith4333 at gmail.com> Date: 2020-08-17  21:04  (GMT-05:00) To: C320-List at catalina320.com Subject: Re: [C320-list] Fridge Lid Soft Close Solution Needed Try lid support springsRick SmithSent from my iPhone. Please excuse clumsy typos and iPhone auto-correct.> On Aug 17, 2020, at 8:56 PM, Chris Burti <clburti at gmail.com> wrote:> > A lot of us simply put a door hook on the bulkhead set to catch the lift ring when the door id open. Works fine as long as you remember to use it.> > Thanks,> Chris Burti> Commitment #867> Farmville, NC> > From: Gary Guilbeaux> Sent: Monday, August 17, 2020 8:26 PM> To: C320-List at catalina320.com> Subject: [C320-list] Fridge Lid Soft Close Solution Needed> > A friend almost lost the tip of her finger when the fridge lid slammed down> on it.  Does anyone have a good solution for adding a soft close hinge or> gas spring?  My ice box is on the left side of the fridge and is a little 5> inches below the cabinet lid top.  I'm thinking a gas strut could be a good> solution, but want to make sure I explore all options and understand the> best placement location to ensure I still get a good seal on the gasket> when closed.> > Thanks in advance for your help.> > Gary Guilbeaux> Lil' Bit of Paradise> Hull #634> gguilbeaux at gmail.com>