[C320-list] Water under Sewage Holding Tank

P.F. Ross pfrstl at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 14:38:24 PDT 2020

Dave, I have been following the tie rod discussion (and have been there)
but am far away from my boat and cannot exactly recall nut sizes.

I moved my boat (via truck) from the midwest to SW FL in 2015 and while it
was in the boat yard there (and before the mast was stepped) I was able to
(somewhat) easily rebed the chain plates and mast support post.  There is
some good info sprinkled around the 320 website about the chain plates, and
Graeme had some good pics on the mast support post (and I have since added
some pics to my album).

This is strictly from memory, but I think I took a 19mm open end wrench and
sawed off the handle so that there was only about 1" (or 2.54mm since this
was a metric wrench) handle remaining.  I was then able to use that to
somewhat turn the nuts, but since the rig was down and there was no load on
the rods, I recall being able to turn the nuts by hand.  I decided to not
adjust the nuts since I knew when the rig was reinstalled, the tension
would return and I did not want to change the original geometry which
seemed to be working fine (except for leaky chainplates, that is).

Sorry I could not be more helpful.

Frank Ross
Beta Wave #206